TEXAS MISSION OF MERCY
Hardin county, TX
February 23-24, 2024
2 day, 40 chair event
- Click here to register to volunteer.
- Arrive by 5:00 AM or 11:30 AM depending on your shift times.
- Lumberton High School Dome
- Park in Dome Parking Lot
- Free Dental Clinic
- Walk-ins Welcome!
- Arrive before 6:00 AM
- Lumberton High School Dome
- Park in HS Football Stadium Parking Lot
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- What to bring? Please bring a list of any medications you’ve taken in the last 6 months.
- Where to park? Patients are asked to park at the High School Stadium Parking.
- When should patients arrive? We open at 6:00 AM but we encourage you to get there earlier to secure your spot in the line!
- When do we close? TMOM events do not have a closing time. We end services until we reach full capacity.
- What to wear? Comfortable clothing
- What to expect? Expect a long day.
- What to bring? Bring only essential items. There are no lockers designated for volunteers.
- Where to park? Volunteers are asked to park at the Lumberton Fema Dome Parking.
- When should volunteers arrive? This depends on the shift you have selected. If you’re participating in the morning shift we expet you to arrive at exactly 5:00 AM. If you’re participating in the afternoon shift we expect you to arrive by 11:30 AM. For more information on shift times visit tmomvolunteer.org.
- What’s the first thing I should do once I’m at the event location? Go to the Volunteer Registration table where you will be checked in.
- When can I go home? We expect all volunteers to stay for the entire duration of their selected shift.
- What to wear? Bottoms that cover hip to ankle and closed shoes. Most of volunteers wear scrubs or jeans with the TMOM Volunteer T-Shirt that will be provided to you at the Volunteer Registration table at the day of the event.
HARDIN COUNTY PRE-SCREENS
What are Pre-Screens?
Pre-Screens represent a patient initiative designed to evaluate dental needs ahead of our main event. This process serves several essential purposes, including:
- Assessing and Registering Patients: We aim to efficiently gather patient information and registrations during the Pre-Screen phase.
- Identifying Oral Health Concerns: Through Pre-Screens, we can pinpoint individual oral health issues, enabling us to tailor our services effectively.
- Creating Treatment Plans: The information gathered allows us to formulate personalized treatment plans for each patient, ensuring personalized care.
- Streamlining the Main Event: By conducting Pre-Screens before the main event, we streamline operations and enhance the overall efficiency of the event.
Pre-Screens occur around 3 weeks before our main event, offering a valuable opportunity for patients. It’s important to note that while participation in Pre-Screens is encouraged, it is not mandatory to receive treatment at the main event.
To facilitate easy scheduling, Pre-Screens are conducted by appointment. Pre-Screen registration for our Hardin County TMOM events have now been concluded. Weren’t able to attend the pre-screens? No worries! Walk-ups are welcomed at the main event on February 23rd and 24th.
Note: You will not receive treatment at Pre-Screens. At Pre-Screens we gather medical history information, do a dental exam and take X-Rays. Treatment will be provided in our main event on February 23rd and 24th.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What services do we provide at our events? Cleanings, Extractions and Fillings
What is the age requirement? Anyone 8 years and up
Who can attend TMOM Events? Anyone in Texas. Our event could be located in Dallas and if you’re from Mission you are most welcome to come!
Does TMOM provide transportation to the event? Unfortunately we do not.
Do I need to attend a Pre-Screen in order to get seen at the Main Event? No, Pre-Screens are not mandatory to be seen at the main event.
How does the Main Event work? Its on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will gather medical history information, take your vitals, asses your dental needs, take x-rays and do treatment.
Do I need proof of identification in order to get seen at the event? We do not need any personal documents.
Do I need a type of insurance to get seen at the event? No, you do not need any type of insurance.